IGUANA.bannerBflat

Monday, September 01, 2008

Ayn Rand, The Comic Strip



I live a skip and a jump from the 2008 Republican National Convention. In honor of that fact I bring you....Ayn Rand The Complete Comic.

This is for the aborted anthology Big Book Of Wild Women written by Rev. Susie the Floozie (aka Susan Barrows)

In March 2001 , I made my first trip to New York and to the DC Comics editorial offices. I had just started my inking job on Lucifer and I was there to show my (extremely lacking of any artistic value) portfolio. But, I was able to score my first paid solo comic job and this was it. Heidi MacDonald gave me the job. I couldn't actually see her behind the mountain of books and paperwork on her desk, But I could hear her voice, and she said, "So , How about Ayn Rand?"

As you can see, I couldn't actually draw yet, but I tried, and I had a lot of fun with it. I've actually received some emails from Rand enthusiasts requesting this comic strip.

Quick side note: I'm not an Ayn Rand fan. I think the Republican-style, Deregulated-Do-Whatever-The-Heck-You-Want-Free Market isn't the most awesome thing in the world and the non-stop corporate excesses we've experienced proves that. I'm not even sure the "Free Market" in the purest concept has actually ever existed. Capitalism with a teeny bit of regulation is ...you know...not the end of the world.
That said, I have a warm place in my heart for this and if Steve Ditko happens to accidentally, by chance see this one day--all the better!



A Young, Swingin' Alan Greenspan.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap - that is dead on and completely hilarious. Nice work.

Loved NEW YORK FOUR, by the way. Excellent work.

Jay

7:51 PM  
Blogger Zap Rowsdower said...

d00d, that's eerily real.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home