IGUANA.bannerBflat

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Local Hardcover Will Crush You



Well, That's it, strike the set, It's in stores tomorrow, September 17.

I'll be in New York next week with Brian to promote the book at Rocketship Comics. More info to come.

The artist is all tapped out, But it needs to be said that Oni really deserves awards and all-expense-paid Princess Cruise trips to Tahiti for putting out THIS book at a $30 price point. They put in a lot of time and elbow grease checking off everything from paper stock to pantone colors , sending out a crack team of black-coated Gumshoes to invesigate global shipping routes and secret printing facilities to pinch this down to a $29.99 price tag. Oni could have just gotten really lazy and put out the typical $50 hardcover. If they didn't want you to have this book, they would have made it $50. People, it's $29.99, you have nothing to loose. Oversize. 400 pages. 70 pages of extras. color inside. silver ink. Each signature stitched from the hair of ANGELS.

Purchase Local

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Kirk Gauthier said...

I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not I should pick this up. Sure, $30 is super-cheap for a HC, but I've got beaucoup bills to pay every month and have to make serious cuts in my monthly comic collecting. And I bought each single as well, so it's not like I haven't read it already, y'know?

I just don't know yet.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Ryan Kelly said...

No sweat, Kirk. It was because People bought the singles that made the Hardcover possible.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Devon Sanders said...

I just got back from my comics shop with my Local hardcover. On the way home, I was attacked by a ram and used the HC to defend myself. I fell into the ocean and fended off a narwhal with it as well. The book is still in great shape and reads as well as it ever did as singles. Also, narwhal and ram tastes great on crackers.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Grant Gould said...

Hey, Ryan -- Are you going to have copies of this hardcover for sale at FallCon?? I need to have one..

11:37 AM  
Blogger Ryan Kelly said...

I won't even walk into Fallcon unless I have a boatload of Locals. I just hope my shipment of books comes by then.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home